We don’t always need the most expensive cosmetics to get the best bang for our bucks. Drugstore items can come in handy when looking for ways to save and to make the most out of a purchase.
If you think you have to have the top-of-the-line products to achieve the best results, think again. This slideshow provides tips and tricks to make the most out of your beauty regime and your products with items you can find in a drugstore.
1) Ice trays to custom blend lip colors or foundation
2) Baking soda to clean brushes and combs
3) Coffee as an all-natural hair color revitalizer
4) Band-Aids to create unique nail patterns
Paint your nails one color. Cut one of the perforated sides off of the Band-Aid and stick it over a dry, coated nail. Then, paint the entire surface with an accent color. Once completely dry, peel carefully. Done!
5) Baby powder for voluminous eyelashes
6) Shaving cream to get rid of foundation and bronzer stains
7) Apple cider vinegar to remove product build-up in hair and straighten
8) Vaseline to make scents last longer
9) Tissue to keep lipstick in place
10) Toothpaste to whiten yellow nails
Make sure you use a whitening toothpaste!
11) Sticky binder reinforcements to add art to nails
12) Soy milk to stay looking young
13) Aspirin and lemon juice for cracked heels
14) Cornstarch to make fingernail polish matte
Don’t put the cornstarch in the nail polish bottle! Pour some nail polish aside and then add the cornstarch to it. A paper plate would be great.
15) Post-It notes to draw a flawless cat eye
16) Raw honey for skincare
17) Vodka to clean razors and to keep them sharper for longer
18) Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to remove makeup stains on countertops
19) Banana Peels to whiten teeth
20) Coffee filters to blot oily skin
21) Sharpies to touch-up chipped polish
22) Listerine for sweaty armpits
Just put some on a cotton ball or something similar and apply it under your arms.
23) Coconut oil for skincare
Simply rub the oil into your hands until it melts. Then, apply to face. You can also use it on your skin!
24) Matches as nail filer
25) Uncoated aspirin to fix skin problems
Leave on for about 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
26) Toothbrush to prevent hair flyaways and style bangs
27) Olive oil to break down makeup
28) Sudocrem for peeling and blistering sunburns
29) Peppermint oil as lip balm
30) Tin foil to attain curly hair
31) Toothpicks to fix nail polish mistakes
32) Cinnamon as an acne remedy
33) Petroleum Jelly for acne
34) Chapstick for minor skin cuts
35) Cooking spray to keep cuticles hydrated and get polish to dry quicker
36) Apple cider vinegar as a mouthwash
Mix a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with water and swish it around.