It’s not hard to see why the DIY movement continues to grow and grow. People love the chance to save money, live more sustainably, and use their creativity — all while making their home look great.
It’s also no surprise that DIY projects are super popular with millennials, a generation known for being poorer than their parents and more passionate about the environment. Why wouldn’t they love ways to decorate their home and fix their things without spending a lot of money?
One of the most versatile tools to help on your DIY quest is a hot glue gun. You can find this handy tool at almost any craft store for pretty cheap, and it can help you with tons of stuff around the house. From upcycling furniture to hanging pictures, there’s little that hot glue can’t do.
Your dad might have said that duct tape was the best tool ever, but we’re going to challenge him on that. Hot glue is discreet and holds as well as duct tape in many cases — and sometimes, even better!
If you love DIY hacks, upcycling, saving money, and being creative, you’ll love these 40 ways to use a glue gun in your home.
1. Hem clothes super-fast.
2. Keep mold out of bath toys by sealing the hole in the bottom.
3. Make slip-proof shoes.
4. Use the same trick on rugs.
5. Temporarily resize a too-large ring.
6. Make a cake topper.
7. Make Halloween decorations.
8. Decorate vases with ease.
9. Consider a new take on the melted crayon art trend.
10. Make a makeup brush cleaning board.
11. Make hangers non-slip.
12. Make faux Roman shades.
13. Create a DIY roller stamp for crafting.
14. Fix the upholstery on chairs.
15. Decorate candle holders.
16. Hang things on the wall without causing damage.
17. Improve the positioning of framed pictures.
18. Hang lights on brick walls.
19. Travel with hot glue — no gun needed.
20. Soundproof a loud drawer.
21. DIY wall protection from doors.
22. Protect your shirt buttons.
23. Replace rubber feet on appliances.
24. Replace the stabilizers on a glass table.
25. Make a DIY curtain clip.
26. Make a simple coaster.
27. Glue a pencil to a tape measure for easy marking while you measure.
28. Make a simple bag clip.
29. Make a non-slip plastic cutting board.
30. Make an easy keychain.
31. Protect your toothbrush while traveling.
32. Save money on a phone case by making your own.
33. Replace the caps of markers to prevent from drying out.
34. Make a simple DIY wallet.
35. Replace lost earring posts.
36. Store your knives safely.
37. Make a simple drain stopper when you can’t find your plug.
38. Fix the nosepiece of your glasses.
39. Make your lighter waterproof.
40. Catch some of your dogs loose hair using a rubber glove and glue.